[Openl2tp-users] conntrack confusion

James Chapman jchapman at katalix.com
Mon Sep 11 19:28:02 BST 2006

Hi Cedric,

 > That's great news !
 > Will you get rid of RPC in pppd plugin (used only to allow accm
 > indications)
 > ? If yes, what mechanism do you plan to use for this communication ?

Yes. I've actually split the pppol2tp.so pppd plugin into two, where the
openl2tp-specific part (just the accm event send to openl2tpd) is in a
separate openl2tp.so plugin. The openl2tp.so plugin simply registers on
a hook provided by the generic pppol2tp.so plugin for sending accm events.

Right now, if OpenL2TP isn't built with RPC support, the openl2tp.so
pppd plugin isn't loaded. I'll probably release it with that limitation
for now.

 > Do you have any timeline for this ?

Config file support and pppd plugin changes are already done. I have
also added status files that are updated by openl2tpd on tunnel/session
create/delete but this work isn't complete yet. Unfortunately I'm really
busy right now (doing paid work) so won't be able to get a release out
for at least 2 weeks.

--
James Chapman
Katalix Systems Ltd