[Openl2tp-users] openl2tp version 1.6: crashes

Kostya Berger bergerkos at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 19 05:57:19 BST 2008

Hi, thanks for your efforts.

Openl2tp works fine for me on my desktop. Version 0.9 with kernel 2.6.22* on OpenSuSE 10.3 works well.
Now I tried v. 1.6 on the last kernel 2.6.26* in OpenSuSE 11.0 -- and it doesn't work. I mean, it would sometimes create a connection, but nothing would go through that connection.
Here I've attached parts from my /var/log/messages kernel messages pertaining to these failures. Also, there are pppd messages, some of them pertain to openl2tp (others were called by xl2tpd), which can be seen by the words "loading openl2tp plugin".
I'm afraid, that the attached messages might be useless, but that's all I have myself:-(

If anything else is needed, just tell me.

...How did I solve it? Well, under SuSE11.0 with kernel 2.6.26* I'm using version 1.5 -- and it works fine.
Oh, when I first compiled it and started, it told me that UDP RPC wasn't available. So I started portmap daemon and then it started OK. Could it be that v. 1.6 didn't work because portmap wasn't working? But it didn't say a word about it.

Regards,
Kostya

Attached files contain:

openl2tp-last.txt --- system messages for the last day (that's enough!)
openl2tpd.txt -- the openl2tpd messages from that piece
pppd.txt -- pppd messages from that piece.
kernel.txt -- kernel messages regarding openl2tpd malfunctioning