[Openl2tp-users] Bundle different media types

Jorge Boncompte [DTI2] jorge at dti2.net
Thu Oct 30 16:52:38 GMT 2008

James Chapman escribió:
> Cool. The code isn't yet available in a public SCM. We're working on
> putting a snapshot together but some docs need to be written first. I'll
> keep you posted.
>
> What plugins do you have for rp-l2tp?

	I have three that I programmed in production:

	- one that proxies tunnels. rp-l2tpd working as a LNS receives an incoming
tunnel and sessions, calls (as a LAC) to another LNS and cross connects the
sessions.
	- one that allows PPPoATM connections. receives PPPoA packets and sends
them via an L2TP tunnel
	- one that allows PPPoE connections. same as above but the PPPoE discovery
phase is managed by pppoe-server of rp-pppoe package.

	The rp-l2tp code is really easy to follow and hack with but the problem
for me is that the configuration interface does not makes a clear (or no)
distinction between peers, tunnels and sessions. That's why I want to
change to openl2tpd.

> RFC3817 only provides a way to get PPPoE discovery frames over L2TP's
> management channel before an L2TP session is created to carry the ppp
> traffic. The difficulty is how to extract those PPPoE packets and pass
> them to openl2tpd for sending in the new rfc3817 AVPs.

	I do not know yet, i have no clue about openl2tpd internals. But for
rp-l2tp (almost all hard coded) was easy.

	Regards,

	Jorge
--
Jorge Boncompte - Ingenieria y Gestion de RED
DTI2 - Desarrollo de la Tecnologia de las Comunicaciones